According to Business Insider, there are about 158 million people using Snapchat every single day. We can all agree that 158 million people present a lot of options for those using Snapchat to find a romantic connection. The question then comes down to, ‘do you know how to get a guy to like you on Snapchat?’
With cutting edge platforms such as Snapchat, you no longer have to make awkward phone calls while trying to find your wit when talking to your crush. In fact, you probably don’t even have to send a text anymore. Although it might seem like 10 seconds is a short time to make a good impression, with the right picture and short bits of texts, you can quickly become the most sort after girl on Snapchat. Here are some practical tips on how to get a guy to like you on Snapchat.
Tips on how to get a guy to like you on Snapchat
Don’t treat Snapchat like texting
Although you can definitely text him if you want to, Snapchat has opened up a whole new realm of possibilities on how you communicate with the people you like. You can:
- Send them a picture of yourself doing something fun.
- Send a short Snapshot of funny faces to show your sense of humor.
- Send short but fun texts to keep it light.
There are some terrible mistakes that some ladies make when using Snapchat to connect with guys. Just because you have the option to send out as many Snapchats as you want does not mean that you should do it. In fact, here are a few things that you should never do while trying to flirt with guys on Snapchat:
The general rule of thumb to observe here is this:
- Do not overwhelm the guy with text because texting DOES NOT build attraction. It gets redundant, boring, and feels like a hassle.
- Do not bore the guy.
- Try not to talk to much.
You are trying to attract him and to successfully do that, you need to be a witty, snappy and just the right amount of aloof. Don’t feel as if you are above cheesy one liners. Let your inner child come out to play. But not every other two minutes. Space them out and let him seek you out some.
Snapchat should be all about fun. Remain witty, classy and a little bit mysterious and he will definitely like to see more of you.
Have a sense of humor
Would you go out with a guy who doesn’t make you laugh? Of course not. Humor is by far one of the most important ingredients of courtship. Not only does it put everyone at ease, but it also has a strange way of drawing people to you. If you can make them laugh, you can bet that they will want to see more of you.
- Be witty.
- Be easy-going.
- Have a few one-liners handy.
- Don’t take things too seriously even if you find his jokes a little offensive. Try to see the lighter side of things.
It is all about finding that light touch. Guys love it when you laugh at their jokes.
Don’t overdo it
There are a few things that you can do on Snapchat that will undoubtedly get him running for the hills. Some of those things include:
- Texting him incessantly throughout the day.
- Saying things that tend to annoy people such as taking a strong stance on any particular social or political issue (this kind of thing should be saved for when you know him a little better).
- Coming on too strong. Most men like to chase women. If you come on too strong he may think you are fast. Which is good for being a fling, but if you want a serious relationship then it is not the way to go.
- Trying to build an attraction over text or Snapshots. These are only meant to get him intrigued enough to ask you out.
You can flirt with the guy a little and then guide him towards asking you out for a date. You easily do this buy softly suggesting things that you like such as:
- A new coffeehouse that you would like to try.
- A new club that just opened up.
- Your favorite things to do over the weekend.
Or you can casually suggest that you have some free time coming up and see if he bites. Most men will!
Don’t try to build rapport over Snapchat
We once shared 50 Of the Best Ways on How to Get a Guy to like You and Want to Date You and one of those tips was:
”Limit texting dramatically. If you want to learn how to get a guy to like you, then cut back on texting. It kills attraction.”
Trying to build rapport on Snapchat can be an attraction killer. Mostly because:
- It involves a lot of texts which can get tedious.
- It can get repetitive which makes it boring and could lead to awkward silences from the guy.
- It could make you look self-absorbed.
Plus, sending him a bunch of texts without reply or engagement from his side is really more like a runt from your end, isn’t it? The idea is to get him to like you enough to ask you out.
The goal should be getting the date off Snapchat
One of the most obvious signs that a guy is crushing on you and is already hooked is that he tries to progress the relationship. You will know you are doing a good job when he wants to meet you outside of Snapchat. That should be the ultimate goal. The tricks and tips shared here will help you get him to that point.
We feel special when we get personal messages other than stories
It’s good that you have a life and that you have stories to share. While those give your crush an idea of who you are and who you hang out with, they aren’t really that special.
Get to know a few things that have sentimental value to him. See which of those things you can use to send him a personal message.
- Maybe he is into Yoga. Send him a Snapshot with you doing Yoga and make fun of him a little. It will show that you do listen and that you are actually interested in what he says. But then the mocking him will show you sense of humor.
- If you are into books, send him a Snapshot of your favorite books.
- Maybe a quick video of your favorite coffeehouse.
The point is, try to send authentic and personal messages. They create a stronger bond.
Send pics with purpose like what outfits look better on you
The point here is to attract this man. The pictures you send should be geared to achieve that very goal. Although you are allowed to send a few Snapshots of you without make up, don’t do it after just waking up. Spruce yourself up a little and make sure that everything you do makes you look delicious.
Snapchat is a fast, fun and exciting way to establish and maintain contact with your crush without having to physically meet on a blind date. Once you get to know each other a little better, then you can go out for a date. That is, after all, the whole point of learning how to get a guy to like you on Snapchat, isn’t it?